Shun Classic Slicing Knife w/hollow edge: 9-in.
The Shun Classic Hollow Edge Carving Knife features a long, narrow blade allowing for a cleaner cut which helps keep more of the juices and flavor in the meat. The longer blade makes precise slices with a single stroke, while the narrower profile and hollow ground indentations help the blade glide through the meat with even less friction. Producing thin, beautiful, even slices of meat isn’t hard when your have the right knife.
The Shun Classic line features beautiful Damascus-clad blades with D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. The razor-sharp blades offer top performance. Shun’s proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel provides incredible edge retention. Blades are handcrafted of durable clad with Damascus stainless steel, ground and bead-blasted creating a flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to hold. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
- Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
- Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty